Bettington Road – Preparation for Sale (Cosmetic Renovation)
This was a referral from David Wang from Tracy Yap Real Estate; a job for a private owner, residential.
The owner was preparing for sale. The building maintenance works carried out were both internal and external.
Replacement of the water damaged Vanity Ensuite
- The vanity needed fully replacing because the tap had leaked inside the vanity cupboard, rotting the shelf and the base of the vanity. It was also an aged vanity which made it more susceptible to damage.
Installation of exhaust fan in Ensuite Bathroom
- We installed an exhaust fan in the en suite bathroom which did not pre-exist (a handyman or the original builder had cut a cavity in the wall but the service was never installed.)
- To install the wall mounted exhaust we had to chase cabling in the wall and ceiling cavity to connect it from the light switch to the exhaust fan so it had power
- The exhaust fan being wall mounted fed to the external brick wall minimising mould buildup in the en suite bathroom (the ceilings actually were lower than standard which did not help)
Installation of screening and paneling externally
- We installed screening and paneling underneath their granny flat to cover the gap between the underside of the granny flat floor and the ground o the occupants could use this space for storage
- For visual appeal we decided on Merbau wooden timber paneling which we sealed with decking oil to protect it and to bring out the natural characteristics of the timber
Landscaping in backyard of the property
- We did landscaping at the back of the property. We trimmed down the grass to get it level. We laid weed matting to prevent weeds coming through and laid white pebbles to fill the small garden bed creating by the created by the retaining wall at the side and back of the house
- We also re-positioned the storm water at the side of the house and redirected the storm water piping appropriately to match the new fall of the storm water piping